GREATER CAMBRIDGE ATHLETICS NETWORK
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your relationship with us. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to Greater Cambridge Athletics Network
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you become a volunteer with us or sign up for one of our events, you may provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you including:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
- Your marketing preferences so that we know whether and how we should contact you;
- Sports which you take part in, together with the sports club/s of which you are a member
- Details of additional skills/qualifications e.g. coaching, first aid.
- Photographs/videos taken at GCAN events and used for GCAN promotional purposes.
- Payment details for any out of pocket expenses;
- Records of your interactions with us such emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- Records of your volunteering history
- Any evidence of your qualifications or experience
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We typically collect personal information in the following ways:
- Electronically when you register for one of our talks or workshops via online ticketing services.
- We may request it directly from you.
- Bursary application forms.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be shared internally with members of the GCAN committee and others who are delegated specific responsibilities by the committee.
Your personal information may be shared externally with the following parties:
- Any party approved by you.
- Service providers: for example training or facilities providers working with GCAN to deliver an event.
- The Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives.
- Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security.
We do not disclose personal information to anyone else except as set out above.
- USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The table below describes the main purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of your information involved and our lawful basis for being able to do this.
Committee members, Steering Group members and Club contacts
|Purpose||Personal information used||Lawful basis|
|Enabling effective communication between members of the committee and those delegated specific roles.||Personal contact details such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer the network.|
|Publish relevant contact details on the GCAN website so that people can contact us.||Personal contact details such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer the network.|
|To send you information which we feel may be of interest to your club, and request that you disseminate it to the relevant people within your club.||Personal contact details such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer the network.|
|Purpose||Personal information used||Lawful basis|
|Manage lists of attendees for GCAN events||Name and email address. Records of your interactions with us e.g., email communications.||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer the event and your participation in it.|
|Conduct analysis to better understand event attendance and trends||Records of your attendance at any events hosted by us.||We have a legitimate interest in doing so to ensure that our events are targeted and relevant.|
|To produce and maintain our website and any external marketing campaigns in order to promote future events.||Images in video and/or photographic form.||Where you have given us your explicit consent to do so.|
|To send you information we think you might find useful or which you have requested from us, including future events.||Personal contact details such as name, title, email addresses||Where you have given us your consent to do so.|
|Purpose||Personal information used||Lawful basis|
|To arrange and manage your attendance at a GCAN workshop or talk.||Personal contact details such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers
Evidence of your qualifications or experience
|This is necessary in order for us to manage your attendance at the event.|
|Paying you for any out of pocket expenses||Transaction and payment information e.g., invoices||We need this information to make any out-of-pocket expense payments to you.|
|To contact you about future events
|Personal contact details such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers||Where you have given us your consent to do so.|
For some of your personal information you will have a legal, contractual or other requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information. If you do not provide us with the requested personal information we may not be able to properly perform our arrangements with you or comply with legal obligation. For other personal information you may not be under an obligation to provide it to us, but if you do not provide it then we may not be able to properly perform our arrangements with you.
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in the “Contacting us” section below.
Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of the data made before you withdrew your consent and we may still be entitled to hold and process the relevant personal information to the extent that we are entitled to do so, on basis other than your consent. Withdrawing consent may also have the same effects as not providing the information in the first place, for example we may no longer be able to provide certain benefits to you as a volunteer.
- TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK and the European Union. Some of these jurisdictions require different levels of protection in respect of personal information and, in certain instances, the laws in those countries may be less protective than the jurisdiction you are typically resident in. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is only used in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable data protection laws and is respected and kept secure and where a third part processes your data on our behalf we will put in place appropriate safeguards as required under data protection laws. For further details please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, or reporting requirements.
- YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and
- the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us,
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
- YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
- CONTACTING US
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Version dated 5th June 2018