David Lowes (National Coach Mentor Endurance) – Making reps suit your event
Monday 20th March 2017
Anglia Ruskin University (Cambridge Campus)
Reps – love them or hate them they’re a staple of most training schedules, but do they all achieve the same end result? How does varying the duration, pace, recovery, number of reps/sets affect the physiological response? What reps sessions should you do when marathon training compared to 5K training? This is your chance to ask an expert in the field, so don’t miss it!
David Lowes is an England Athletics National Coach Mentor Endurance (Midlands), GB Team Coach and Freelance Athletics Writer. He’s also an ex-GB athlete with PB’s of 7:52.4 (3000m), 13:43.99 (5000m), 63:28 (21.1km), 2:15:32 (Marathon). He competed at international on track, road and cross-country.
Specialties: All aspects of endurance running and organising related courses, races and presentations with particular interest in mid-teen athletes development through to adult elite performance.
- Coaching Editor, Athletics Weekly.
- Chairman of British Milers’ Club Academy and National Residential Course Director.
- UKA Level 4 Endurance Coach.
- Elite athlete biography and stats updater for Power of 10.
- Coached 17 athletes to international status.
- Speaker UK-wide and a guest speaker of European Athletics in Finland.
- Writer for ‘The Coach’ (some articles translated into Slovenian).
- Author of three bookazines: ‘Great Marathon Runners’; ‘The Greatest Olympic Athletes’ (1948-present); ‘The Greatest Games Ever.
- Winner of ‘Best newspaper/magazine sports article Valencia 2011’
- Application of Reversal Theory co-authored with Dr Matt Long on UKA uCoach.
- Goal & Process Motivation, Minding Your Mental Fitness, both co-authored with Dr Matt Long on BrianMac website (brianmac.co.uk).
- Sportsman of the Year Durham City (1975)
- Passionate runner for 46 years and counting!
The workshop is free to coaches and athletes from GCAN clubs, and £5 to anyone else. Tickets can be reserved or brought via the following link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/david-lowes-national-coach-mentor-for-endurance-making-reps-suit-your-event-tickets-30360976498
Anglia Ruskin University (Cambridge Campus) East Road Cambridge CB1 1PT
Enter ARU via the main entrance on East Road, into the Helmore Building, and the seminar will be signposted from there. Directions, travel information and maps can be found here: http://www.anglia.ac.uk/student-life/life-on-campus/cambridge-campus/travelling-to-our-cambridge-campus